PG TRAINEE GRANT FOR CLINICAL RESEARCH IN THYROID DISORDERS- 2022
Guidelines for PG TRAINEE GRANT 2022
Indian Thyroid Society (ITS) is inviting applications from DM/ DNB postgraduate trainees in Endocrinology, MCh trainees in Endocrine surgery,
MD trainees in Nuclear Medicine for research studies focused on thyroid and related disorders in the Indian context.
An independent review committee appointed by the executive committee will review the grant applications and the final
sanctioned amount will be at discretion of the scientific committee of the Indian Thyroid society.
Applicants should note that the Research project Guide should be a member of Indian Thyroid society.
The study protocol should be cleared by Ethics Committee before the disbursement of the grant.
The Principal Investigators are required to submit six monthly progress reports and final report along with utilizations in the prescribed formats.
It is desirable that any publications arising in part or full from the funded study should be published in Thyroid Research and Practice.
If the publication is in any other journal, authors should acknowledge the support by ITS.
- Number of grants available – 6
- Amount available – Up to Rupees 1 lakh each
- Last date of submission of project- 31st October 2022
- Final decision on grant approval – Nov 15th 2022
- Dispersal of funds- 30th Nov 2022
Please send the application to email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any queries, please whatsapp ITS Secreatry @ 9961988021
Research Project Protocol Submission
Template for the Research Project Protocol Submission
- Title of the research project
- Investigators: Name and Designation
- Principal Investigator, Mobile no. and Email id.
- Co-Investigator(s), Mobile no. and Email id.
- Signature of investigators with date
- Departments involved
- Summary of the proposed study (250 words)
- Any work already done
- Justification or Need for the study
- Aims & Objectives
- Hypotheses (if applicable)
- Review of literature: (within 500 words)
- Materials and Methods
- Study design : (Prospective / retrospective / epidemiological / clinical : single center or multi centric / cohort / case control etc - whichever applicable)
- Study period:
- Period which may be needed for collecting the data
- Period that may be required for analyzing the data
- Inclusion and exclusion criteria
- Sample size with proper justification
- Detailed description of procedure
- Potential risks and benefits
- Place of the study
- Biological materials required (type - blood, tissue etc. and quantity)
- Outcome measures
- Statistical methods
- Ethical considerations and methods to address issues
- Implications of the study
- Budget and proposed funding source
- Enclosures (eg. Case record form, informed consent, Questionnaire), if any